You know what they say about sales… the old school ABC’s selling…
“Always Be Closing!”
Unfortunately, this turns way too many people off because they think of pushy salespeople who don’t really care about your experience, or what you really need… they just want their commission.
On the other hand though, as much as people hate sales, it’s as natural a phenomenon to society as wheels are to a car. It’s necessary.
It literally drives the economy forward. When you’re in business, you can’t get away from it. Sales is what “doing business” is!
In this post, we’re gonna talk about:
- The upside of “Always Be Closing”,
- along with how you can literally do it around the clock (without burnout),
- How you can increase your revenue when you automate your sales process,
- and what it takes to sell in 2022 in a way that attract your ideal clients and creates trust (NO pushy sales tactics here.)
Let’s dive in!
The Perfect Sales Process
First of all, when we say “sales process” we aren’t just referring to the close. There’s so much more to sales that begins WAY before you even have the opportunity to close somebody.
So let’s cover what a sales process is…
And, by the way, we’re referring to primarily to the sales process for services businesses, or any business that closes higher priced offers, or over the phone. This could apply to things like ecommerce as well, but you’ll tweak it a little bit.
Oh. So what’s a sales process?
Grant Cardone, who built a very successful company around helping people and businesses close more sales, describes it like this…
“The perfect sales process would have to be fast and easy for the buyer, easy and effective for the salesperson, provide quick and credible information to the buyer, treat the buyer as informed, and ultimately satisfy the customer and the company by consummating a sale.”
A lot to unpack there.
The way I see it, the sales process isn’t just the close, it also includes prospecting and making a connection with a potential client, and then building the trust necessary in order to have a conversation that leads to a business opportunity.
It’s an involved process. One with many moving parts.
- Make the connection. Introduce yourself.
- Position yourself as a valuable resource, not just another vendor
- Stay top of mind.
- Provide opportunities to have a conversation
- Book a call
- Follow up at every step
- Close the sale
Why Automate Your Sales Process
In order to successfully achieve each of those steps, we use different tools, including LinkedIn, email, social media, and/or phone calling. All carefully chosen to find the right prospects, get the right message in front of them, at the right time.
In fact, here’s our strategy to make sure we hit each part of the sales process necessary in order to make the sale -
As you can see… this is a LOT of steps! Many businesses don’t have the bandwidth to keep up with it, but if you can do it, you are automatically miles ahead of the competition!
When I was still fairly new to business as a solopreneur, I realized that I didn’t have the bandwidth to do each of these steps, but I knew they needed to be done because otherwise, I’d be leaving money on the table.
I also knew that if I continued to try to do each step manually, that I’d let too much slip through cracks and frankly, just burn out.
There’s a misconception among entrepreneurs that you have to hustle till you drop. I don’t buy that. In fact, I’d say that if you’re working long hours each day as a business owner then you are missing the point completely.
In my case, I knew that I needed to make this process as easy as possible for both myself, my team, AND my clients, because then we could:
- Help more clients at a time, increasing both revenue and cashflow,
- Ensure deals don't fall through the cracks because of lack of follow up.
- Scale our business (and help our clients scale their businesses) to the next level,
- Clear mental and physical bandwidth so we can focus on better serving our clients and growing our business.
As a business owner, there are only so many things you can focus on at once. Plus, there’s really no need to be stuck doing tasks that you can automate when you can focus on other things in your business or even simply on doing things you love instead.
Want me to help you set up your own automated sales system?
Learn the system I used on my upcoming live 20 Minute Marketing Agency training. RSVP here now.
What To Automate In Your Sales Process
So, I went through my entire system one piece at a time and looked at all of the sections that required any manual work vs those areas that are repeatable and that I could automate.
Here’s what I came up with…
I’d love to show you exactly how we do this, and how we’ve taught hundreds of entrepreneurs and business owners to do the same.
What You’ll Learn in the “20 Minute Marketing Agency ” Workshop
Over the years I’ve developed a few models on how to grow business to over 6-figures+ very quickly. And usually over 7-figures in just a year or two.
And right now, with everything going on, there is a massive opportunity to use this business model to create a 6-figure marketing agency in just months using this model.
I'm going to show you exactly how to do just that in a new training.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How YOU can become one of my Certified Consultants and enjoy a 6-figure income in the next few months.
- The simple 3-step process that allowed one of our clients to get 24 high-value sales calls booked in her calendar in just 24 hours.
- How you can earn a 6-figure income in just 20 minutes of work each day.
- The simple prospecting process that our client Mike used to double his revenue in one year (and every year after that).
- Finally -> How today you have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to catapult yourself towards financial freedom…
So if this interests you in the least bit.
Or if you’re just curious to know what the hell I'm talking about.
Then you need to stop what you are doing and register right now.
Join me at the Workshop here and I’ll show you how to take advantage of this opportunity, create a revenue stream, increase your time freedom, and even help other business owners.